Version 4.11 was released to give first compatibility with M1 Macs, though it was really incomplete.
Version 4.11.1 should work better on M1 Macs. With version 4.11.1 on M1 Macs, you can again:
- set display rotation & display underscan
- set the brightness of internal displays
- set your display in gray levels
- define custom scaled resolutions for external displays, though this is limited to resolutions smaller than native. You cannot create complete custom resolutions, only scaling is supported by Apple.
- get information about the current timing that defines a resolution
- export the EDID if the display does support it (this always works on the DTK, but I've never seen it supported on the M1 Macs - maybe on future Macs this will be active again ?)
However, it's not possible to create custom timings on M1 Macs because this function was completely removed by Apple in the implementation of the new graphical subsystem.